(Bought to you by Jessa)
Stuck at home looking for something to do? Think you are an expert at all things Rock ‘n’ Roll? Try the Quiz below to see how good you are. Answers at the bottom. No Googling!! Have fun.
THE 60’S MAN – ALL COOL AND GROOVY
- Which American group had U.K. number 1 albums with their first two releases in the space of 4 months in 1967?
- Who was the Beatles song, Baby You’re a Rich Man about?
- Which guitarist produced Something in the Air by Thunderclap Newman?
- Which Australian artists related the saga of the Carroll County Accident in 1969?
- Who recorded Bombora in 1963?
- True or False: Eric Clapton left The Yardbirds because he was upset with the lack of money he was getting with their success?
- Who replaced Brian Jones in The Rolling Stones in 1969?
- Who were known at The Detours and then The High Numbers before settling on their more famous name?
- Which British group recorded the 1969 rock opera Arthur?
- Who was The Girl on A Motorcycle in the 1968 film?
WE WANT IT NOW!! – THE NEW MILLENIUM
- Which artist had the number one spot on the 2019 Triple J Hottest 100? (announced 25 January 2020)
- What 2006 worldwide hit by Nelly Furtado was #1 on over 20 music charts?
- The song Breakaway was a hit for which solo artists?
- What was the name of Bruce Springsteen’s album, based in large on his reflections during the aftermath of September 11 attacks?
- Who left One Direction in 2015?
- Ian Kenny, lead singer for band Karnivool, is also lead singer for which other famous band?
- Who had a hit with Take Me Out in 2004?
- The debut single of which English band contains the lyrics “Dancing to electropop like a robot from 1984”?
- Who plays lead guitar in Australian band Even?
- Which of these albums did Eminem release first?
- Encore b. The Marshall Mathers Lp c. Recovery
THE SEVENTIES – THINGS GET A BIT GLAM, HEAVY AND PUNK.
- The Kinks Celluloid Heroes was written about a walk down which famous thoroughfare?
- Which Beatles studio album was released in 1970?
- Who was voted Australian King of Pop in 1978?
- What colour was Australian band, Autumn’s, river in 1970?
- Who recorded the 1974 album Buddah & The Chocolate Box?
- What was the first track on the Sex Pistols album Never Mind the Bullocks?
- Which band played under the name of The Nobs at a 1970 gig in Copenhagen, after protests about them using their actual name?
- Who plays bass in the band KISS?
- After which Beatle did the Ramones get their name from?
- After who did Lynyrd Skynyrd take their name? a. Their High School teacher b. A billboard sign
c. slang term for a variety of southern fried chicken?
WHATS IN A NAME – CAN YOU NAME THESE ROCK STARS FROM THEIR ACTUAL BIRTH NAME
- Edward Louis Severson 111
- Farrokh Bulsara
- Chaim Klein Witz
- Vincent Damon Furnier
- Saul Hudson
- Robert James Ritchie
- William Perks
- Joan Larkin
- Mark Feld
- Courtney Michelle Harrison
FAMOUS ROCK STARS (a bit hard??)
- Born 24th May 1941, Robert Allen Zimmerman is better known as?
- Which future mega star singer’s early bands included The Golden Chords and also The Rock Hoppers?
- Who first introduced The Beatles to marijuana on August 28 1964 at New York’s Delmonico Hotel?
- Who was the lead star in the 4-hour long movie Renaldo and Clara, released 1978?
- Who released an album in 2006 in a nod to Charlie Chaplin who had released a movie of the same name as the album?
- Who played the role of rock legend Jack fate in the 2003 comedy-drama movie Masked and Anonymous?
- The 2007 semi auto biographical movie “I’m Not There” was about who?
- Bette Midler did a version of my song, Buckets of Rain, on her Songs for the New Depression album, with me actually sharing the vocals. Who am I?
- In April 2008, I was honored with the Pulitzer Prize Special Citation for Music, one of the highest achievements given to a creative artist. Who am I?
- Which American singer songwriter publicly endorsed Democrat Barak Obama in 2008?
- The Monkees
- Brian Epstein
- Pete Townsend
- Bobbie & Laurie
- The Atlantics
- False – upset with the commercial success they were having
- Mick Taylor
- The Who
- The Kinks
- Marianne Faithfull
- Billie Eilish
- Say It Right
- Kelly Clarkson
- The Rising
- Zayn Malik
- Birds of Tokyo
- Franz Ferdinand
- Artic Monkess
- Ashley Naylor
- The Marshall Mathers LP
- Hollywood Boulevard
- Let It Be
- John Paul Young
- Cat Stevens
- Holiday in the Sun
- Led Zeppelin
- Gene Simmons
- Paul McCartney (He use to book hotel rooms as Paul Ramon)
- High School teacher
What’s in a Name
- Eddie Vedder
- Freddie Mercury
- Gene Simmons
- Alice Cooper
- Kid Rock
- Bill Wyman
- Joan Jett
- Marc Bolan
- Courtney Love
Famous Rock Stars
1 – 9. Bob Dylan
10. Bruce Springsteen