STARS SHINE FOR
CAROLS BY CANDLELIGHT
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 24, LIVE FROM 8.00PM ON NINE
It’s the most wonderful time of the year: the 82nd Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight spectacular on Christmas Eve, next Tuesday, December 24, at 8.00pm on Nine and 9Now.
David Campbell will welcome new co-host Allison Langdon to the Sidney Myer Music Bowl as she celebrates her first time at Carols by Candlelight. Familiar faces and brand-new stars will light up the stage in the biggest roll-call of singers ever to perform at everyone’s favourite Christmas tradition, including:
- The cast of three of the biggest stage productions in Australia: Chicago, featuring Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Alinta Chidzey, Casey Donovan and Jason Donovan; Harry Potter and the Cursed Child; and the hit feelgood musical Come From Away
- ARIA Award-winning blues band, The Teskey Brothers
- Nine’s beloved Carols family, Marina Prior, David Hobson, Tim Campbell, Anthony Callea, Denis Walter and Silvie Paladino
- Number one recording artist Isaiah Firebrace
- The Voice 2019 winner, Diana Rouvas
- Husband and wife music theatre duo Simon Gleeson and Natalie O’Donnell, in their first national live television performance
- Award-winning country stars Travis Collins and Amber Lawrence
- Bondi Vet’s Danni Dusek who will swap a stethoscope for a microphone in a Carols first
- A show-stopper from The Voice semi-finalist Jack VidgenStage and screen darling Christie Whelan-Browne
- Rob Mills and fellow music star Bobby Fox
- TV and pop star Bonnie Anderson
- Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight ambassador Paul Kapeleris
- R&B group CDB with a performance tailor-made for Carols
- Taxi Ride’s Jason Singh, Thirtsy Merc’s Rai Thistlethwayte, singers Matt Hetherington andBonnie Anderson, linking up to rock the roof of the Sidney Meyer Music Bowl
- The outstanding harmonies of the Melbourne Gospel Choir
- And a special visit from the big man himself, direct from the North Pole
hese stars will all perform under the baton of music maestro John Foreman AM, assisted by Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight choirmaster Doug Heywood OAM.
Plus, performances from the Australian Girls Choir and the National Boys Choir.
In 2019, Nine celebrates its 40th year of telecasting this cherished live event, which is in its 60th year of presentation from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.
Carols by Candlelight is Vision Australia’s largest annual fundraiser, with 100 per cent of profits from ticket sales and donations going towards services for children who are blind or have low vision. This year donations made during the 24-hour period over Christmas will have double the impact, with all to be doubled by the Vision Australia community.