Birthdays are how a person, along with his friends and family, celebrate the occasion of his being born. A birthday deserves to have the best cake. Since Covid has made going out and getting a cake from a bakery quite challenging, many bakeries have now gone online. For Sydneysiders, the process of getting birthday cakes in Sydney has become ‘a piece of cake’ because of the variety of options available online. If one is considering ordering a cake online, there are a few things one needs to inquire the bakery about:
● When should one place the order, and how much time will it take?
Baking and decorating cakes is not an instant task; it requires time and planning. If one wants to order customised cakes, it will undoubtedly need some time to get made and delivered. One should enquire the bakery about how much time it would take them to deliver the cakes, what is the minimum time required, etc., before opting for their service.
● What is the delivery charge, without the cost of the cake?
Inquire about the delivery charge and how these charges work. Is it a fixed charge for certain areas closer to their location? Or do they deliver everywhere, and the costs are based on the distance?
● When do they not deliver?
Does this establishment deliver all seven days of the week? Usually, some shops don’t open on Sundays, so they deliver on Saturdays instead.
● Can an order be cancelled?
Most establishments accept cancellations with little or no cancellation fee if the cancellation is made a couple of days before the delivery. One might be charged if the cancellation is last minute.
● How should one store the cake?
A cake can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days. Still, one should ask the bakery the maximum it can be stretched, in case there are last-minute developments and the party has to be postponed.
Some Tips for Picking Birthday Cakes
Picking a cake is an important job. One should take some time going through the catalogue online to choose the cake best suited for the person. Consider everything ranging from the quantity, flavour, shape and type of icing. Given below are some tips to help make cake picking easier.
- Birthday cakes in Sydney come in a plethora of flavours. Everything under the sun ranging from classic vanilla to fruity orange or pineapple, and all kinds of chocolate flavours, like Belgian dark chocolate, chocolate brownie, and chocolate with choco chips and nuts, is now available. Since the customer has such a wide catalogue to choose from, it is advisable to go through all the different flavours before taking a pick.
- Pick the size of the cake based on the number of people attending the party. One can pick a small cake or a few pastries for a person who doesn’t want a big party and instead prefer something low-key alone or with a couple of friends, spouses or parents. If there’s a huge party being arranged, more people can chip in for a gigantic cake together.
- Another question to ask oneself is: What is one thing the birthday boy/girl loves? If they like Batman, one can request the cake to be made in the shape of the Batman logo or the Joker’s face. If they love a particular type of chocolate, like Kit Kat or Trix, one can include those in the cake.
Therefore, if one wants to order a birthday cake online, they can do so with ease, and they would have full authority over how the cake turns out. One can order the perfect cake for a loved one’s birthday and give them a yummy pastry memory they can cherish for a lifetime.